- 12/17 Perfect Potluck for the Holiday Cookie Exchange Click Here for More Info!!
- 12/6/11 5pm-6pm : Overcoming the Imposter Syndrome: How to Feel as Bright and Capable as Everyone Seems to Think You Are” webinar
- 11/3 : November Professional Development Event: Women Entrepreneurs – Oksana Wall 6:30-8:30 PM. Location: Olive Garden at Millenia Mall 4101 Conroy Road Orlando, FL 32839 Cost: $20/paid members & paid student members, $25/non-members (payable at the door). RSVP by: Monday, October 31, 2011 to email@example.com or to the Evite Click for more Info
- 11/30 : Engineer for a Day!! Click Here for Flyer!The Central Florida Society of Women Engineers (SWE) will be hosting the 3rd Annual ‘A Day In the Life of an Engineer’ at Lyman High School on November 30. The goal of this event is to excite middle and high school females about science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields. This will be done through interactive presentations from professional women working in the STEM field and with hands-on demonstrations. This event would not be possible without the support from our local engineering firms: Brown & Caldwell Engineering, CDM Engineering, and Reiss Engineering, along with assistance from the Seminole County School Board, UCF, and Valencia Community College. Please Check Out the Post Event Article!
- Scholarship Opportunity: The Central Florida Chapter of Women In Defense (WID) has posted information on their scholarship program. Eligibility requirements and the application are available at http://www.wid-cfl.org/Awards_Recog.html. The Chapter will award at least one $1,000 scholarship. HURRY! The deadline to apply is COB 25 November 2011. Women In Defense (WID), A National Security Organization, an affiliate of the National Defense Industrial Association, provides its members with opportunities for professional development and networking, cultivating the advancement of women leaders in government and industry professions. Both women and men belong to WID and attend WID meetings. For more information visit http://wid.ndia.org/.
- 10/4 Resume/Interview Workshop : 6-8 PM at UCF – Harris Engr (HEC) 101 , Cost is free. Collegiate and Professional Members! Have your resume critiqued, practice your interviewing skills, and learn what the recruiters are looking for during a career fair.
- 10/8 WoW That's Engineering! : Event Flyer A CFL SWE Sponsored Event at Bayside High School. Help 7th – 10th grade girls experience the creativity and innovation of engineering and technology. Volunteers are needed for the CF SWE Lead Module
- WE11 - SWE Society Conference 10/13- 10/15/2011 Chicago, IL
- Register for WE11 : Registration for WE11, the Annual Conference for Women Engineers is open! The conference schedule has been posted. The conference is October 13-15 in Chicago. For further information or to register, go tohttp://we11.swe.org/attendees/registration
- 9/1 Luna Chix Poker Run: Fundraising event for Breast Cancer Fund. See See flers!
- 9/16 Networking lunch : Join the Central Florida SWE section on Friday September 16, 2011 at noon at the California Pizza Kitchen Waterford Lakes Town Center location. The address is 695 North Alafaya Trail Orlando, FL 32828. Each participant will pay for their own lunch. RSVP to Cheri at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, September 15th. Locations for future networking lunches are welcome!
- 9/17 Orlando Heart Walk: A walk to benefit the American Heart Association will be September 17 at Loch Haven Park. The walk begins at 8 AM with brunch following at White Wolf Cafe.
- 9/20 CFL SWE Fall Kickoff!! : Please join us for 2011 Fall Kickoff! Event Flyer $5 per person or FREE with donation to Dress For Success Click here for DFS donation guidelines
- FEF Silent Auction : Please check out the Florida Engineering Foundation (FEF)’s silent Auction at:http://www.flengineeringfoundation.org/3/auction.htm In 2007, FEF contributed $10,000 as a match to SWE’s scholarship account so that we could establish our scholarship program. As a result, Central Florida SWE has given out $1000 each year to UCF SWE students to support their education while maintaining our corpus account. Please support engineering education while picking up a great item! If you bid please place (SWE) after your name so that FEF can recognize our great membership contributions!
A Message from Dick Gassett Chairman, FEF Board: “On behalf of the Board of the Florida Engineering Foundation I want to invite you to our new website flengineeringfoundation.org. Between now and August 3rd you will be able to bid on line on items in our silent auction. The auction will finish at our Annual Meeting in Miami Beach. However, you can place your bid and also fill out a maximum bid form. After the auction leaves the internet and continues at the convention, we will raise your bid for you in increments up to your maximum. So take a look at our great items which include: a week in North Carolina at a beautiful summer home; tickets to the Magic, Panthers, UCF and a big Gator homecoming package; many art items; dinner for two at Emerils in Orlando, golf at LPGA in Daytona and Orange Tree in Orlando and many other items. I'll even come to your home and prepare a four course meal of your choice for eight. Please bid and bid often. You are helping the Foundation support engineering education.”
- Wine For Us 2011 August 25, 2011, 6 pm – 9 pm: Join Water for People at the annual Wine For Us wine-tasting fundraiser to raise awareness and support for the work of development and progress through water, sanitation and health in developing countries. From wine... to water! Come, meet your fellow residents, young professionals, business leaders and local government officials over stimulating conversation, delicious hors d'oeuvres and fine wines. Wine-pairings with artisan wines from Africa and South America will complement an assortment of hors d'oeuvres picked for the occasion. Special displays will present the work and impact of Water For People while participants mingle and explore the lovely Orange County Regional History Center.
Tickets and more info: www.wineforus.org
- 8/18 : Event Flyer Professional Development Meeting- Please join us for a joint meeting with ASME on August 18. The speaker is Mindy Grinnan and the topic is Northside Generating Station Repowering Project. Advanced Registration Price: $22 ASME/SWE Professional Members $25 Non-members $14 Students NOTE: $5 more after advance registration deadline. BY 11:00 pm Thursday, August 11, 2011, advance register online with credit card at http://www.acteva.com/booking.cfm?bevaid=222099
- 7/29-31 Region D Leadership Retreat : To kick off the new FY, we will be having a section leadership retreat July 29 and July 30 in Jacksonville, FL.
- Membership Renewal : This is a reminder that membership renewal is due this month. Please renew your membership on-line athttp://societyofwomenengineers.swe.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3&Itemid=280. Join SWE on-line athttp://societyofwomenengineers.swe.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=276 . For further information, please contact our Director of Membership at email@example.com .
- 6/25 10am-1pm: SWE summer potluck picnic at Blue Jacket Park in Orlando. Bring the whole family out to celebrate another great year with the CFL SWE Section. Please bring a dish to share -we will provide hamburgers and hot dogs and the fixings and some fun activities. If you’d like to sign up on-line for the potluck, please go to http://www.perfectpotluck.com/meals.php?t=PGSV3987. We hope to see you there!
- 5/19 SWE Anniversary at The Wine Room in Winter Park. Click here for flyer!
- 5/12 SWE Networking lunch in East Orlando! Click here for more details.
- 4/25 SWE April Event- Join the Central Florida SWE Section for an evening learning about communicating whether in the workplace or at home from guest speaker Mr. Jose Lopez (Speaker Bio). Event Flyer
- 4/9 SWEet Colledge Day at UCF - Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested on be a speaker and/or a volunteer for this event. Click here for Event Flyer. Registration Forms and Teacher's registration Forms are available.
- 3/20 : Lakeland Lunch Date. Join the Central Florida SWE section as we take a road trip to Lakeland, FL to visit with our fellow SWE members there! More info
- 3/4-3/6/2011:Region D Conference:
This year’s region conference will be held in Knoxville, TN March 4-6th. With the Region D conference sign up deadline approaching on Feb 19th now is the time to sign up! To register visit the region D conference website at:http://www.swe.org/regiond/regiondconference/. This year’s conference is offering a regular professional member registration for $80 and a professional membership with professional development series for $120 (more information on the professional development series can be found here:http://www.swe.org/regiond/regiondconference/Professional.html).
- 2/25: Happy Hour at Dexter's in Winter Park 5:pm-7pm More info
- 2/24: February Professional Development Meeting. Engineering Simulation. Guest Speaker Dr. Mansooreh Mollaghasemi
- 2/19 : 2011 Central Florida E-Week Awards Banquet 5:30 pm - 10:30 pm
- 2/18 : Networking Lunch at the T.G.I. Friday's Waterford Lakes Town Center location More info
- 2/10 : our leadership coaches will host a "Leadership Burnout" webinar at 8pm. All section leaders are encouraged to attend and it is open to all members. They will share tips and tricks with how to prevent, deal with and mitigate burnout.https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/577105290
- 2/4: Engineering and Technology Day at Valencia!
- 1/27 : CFL SWE's Annual Girl's Night Out
- 1/27 : Professional Association Fair at Rollins College 5:30-7 PM