- WE12 Conference: November 8-10, 2012 in Houston, TX Join SWE at the WE12 conference this year at the George R. Brown Convention Center. Registration is now open, so sign-up today. If you are interested in sharing hotel rooms with other section members, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Day in the Life of a Real Engineer November 29, 2012 9:30am – 2:00pm This annual event will take place at Lyman High School, and offers a way to engage high school and middle school aged students a chance to see what engineering is all about. There are also opportunities for parents to learn how they can support their student. We are looking for 7 speakers and 10 volunteers, as we are expecting 250 students from 5 schools in Seminole County. Please contact Liz at email@example.com to speak, volunteer or request more information.
- Call for Nominations for E-Week Awards Our section is seeking nominations for 2013 Central Florida E-Week awards. Categories this year are as follows: Project of the Year Small Private Organization of the Year Large Private Organization of the Year Public Organization of the Year Young Engineer of the Year (less than 10 years experience, 35 years old and under) Emerging Leader (10-20 years experience) Leadership (20-30 years experience) Technical (Academia – 10-35 years experience) Technical (Industry – 10-35 years experience) Lifetime (35+ years experience) Applications should be arriving within the next few weeks, so we want to give each candidate plenty of time to prepare their submission before the holidays. We will assist candidates in preparing the application. Please send all nominations to Tara at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Autumn Painting Class Fundraiser Sunday October 28, 2012 2:00pm-5:00pm Creative Canvas and Wine 155 Cranes Roost Blvd, Suite 1130, Altamonte Springs (behind World of Beers and Steak n Shake) We engineers think linearly during the week, so let’s stretch our creative muscles at our autumn fundraiser with a painting class. The class is fully led by experienced instructors, and everyone leaves with a full size painting. All materials are included, and kids are welcome to paint. The class is $35 per person, and $10 of every course fee goes to our CFL SWE Section. If you would like to attend, please contact us at email@example.com to reserve a spot, or you can go online to register at http://www.creativecanvasandwine.com/calendar.php and clicking on our event (Fall Leaves Painting).
- Wow! That’s Engineering October 13, 2012 8:30am – 3:00pm Bayside High School in Palm Bay The Space coast SWE Section is seeking event volunteers (module leaders, module helpers and volunteers for pre-event activities) to participate in the “Wow! That’s Engineering” Outreach program. You can come for the whole day, part of the day, or even help set-up on Friday. If you are interested, know anyone interested, or have any questions, please contact Adia Griffin, firstname.lastname@example.org, or register at http://www.swe-sc.org/WOW/volunteers.htm. All volunteers receive a T-shirt and lunch during the event!
- Fall 2012 Kickoff Event! September 6, 2012 from 6:00PM to 9:00PM Cevíche Tapas Bar and Restaurant 125 W. Church Street, Orlando, FL Please join CFL SWE as we prepare for another great year. You are invited to our Fall 2012 event at Ceviche. There will be light tapas served, and happy hour drinks are available for purchase. This is sure to be a fun Flamenco –style evening. Professional and collegiate members will be $5 each, and non-members will be $10 each. We are also accepting donations to Dress for Success. To RSVP, please contact us at email@example.com. Hope to see you there!
- Greater Orlando Heart Walk 5K September 15, 2012 starting at 7:00AM Loch Haven Park, Orlando, FL Heart disease is one of the biggest causes of death for women in the United States. Please join us as we participate in the Greater Orlando Heart Walk presented by the American Heart Association to raise money and spread awareness. This is a free event, but donations are greatly appreciated and our team has a goal of raising $300. You can register for our team by going to the link for the CFL SWE team page here. You can also go to http://greaterorlandoheartwalk.kintera.org and search for our team name: Central Florida Society of Women Engineers. The registration will allow you to create a personal webpage for friends and family to donate online. For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lunchtime Networking September 21, 2012 We will be holding our networking lunches in various locations across Central Florida.
11674 University Drive
Orlando, FL 32817
Contact Cheri at email@example.com
12561 S. Apopka-Vinelan Road
Orlando, FL 32836
Contact Annmarie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kennedy Space Center Cafeteria
Contact Tamika at email@example.com
Feel free to invite co-workers.
- Habitat for Humanity CANCELLED- The Habitat for Humanity build event scheduled for July 28, 2012 has been cancelled and will be rescheduled. Please watch for future communications regarding this event.
- 7/28- Region D Conference 2012 - July 28, 2012 from 9:00AM to 4:30PM at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, SC The Region D Leadership Summit will be $30 per person, and includes breakfast and lunch. The recommended hotel is the Courtyard by Marriott near the University for $105/night. Section Leadership is invited to attend. The program consists of the Region D meeting and strategic/tactical planning sessions for the sections. Please note that this year there will be no professional development session. For further information, please contact Cheri at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lunchtime Networking Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:30AM – 1:00PM Spend your lunch hour networking with women in our industry. Central Florida SWE is hosting 4 lunches throughout Central Florida and hope to see you there! Anyone is welcome to attend so bring a co-worker or friend. Click Flyer for more info on each locations
- 5/21-26 NASA is hosting its Third Annual Lunabotics Mining Competition at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex May 21-26, 2012, and we hope you and members of the Society of Women Engineers Central Florida Section will join us! International competitors from more than 50 universities have created unique and innovative solutions that NASA may one day use for an actual lunar excavation device or payload. These science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) students are our future scientists, astronauts, engineers, physicists, and entrepreneurs. Visit the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex to marvel as the Lunabots mine “moon dirt” in a race against the clock. Follow Lunabotics on the web - www.nasa.gov/lunabotics, on Facebook - www.facebook.com/Lunabotics, and on Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/Lunabotics. For information about the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex and ticket prices, please visit www.kennedyspacecenter.com/index.asp. Join us in May and meet our future workforce. Visit America’s spaceport where history is made!
- SWEet College Day Saturday, April 14, 2012 UCF SWEet College day is an exciting event and Central Florida SWE has great opportunities to get involved. 7 volunteers are needed to discuss how engineering relates to workshops and to participate in panel discussions. For more information, contact Tamika Jones at email@example.com.
- UCF SWE's End of Year Banquet April 15 @ 11am - 310 Park South Attire: Floppy Hats and Sundresses,$10 per guest. Please click here to RSVP by April 9th
- April Professional Development – UCF MBA/Professional Programs Thursday April 19, 2012 at 6:00pm – 7:30 pm (EST)Event Flier The April Professional Development will be held at the UCF Executive Development Center. Join Central Florida SWE as we learn about various degrees for working professionals – Executive MBA, Professional MBA, Professional Masters in Management, and a Professional Masters in Real Estate. The MBA Programs are especially attractive to engineers. UCF will provide sandwiches, snacks and drinks. Hope to see you there! Details to follow, or for more information, please contact Elaine at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3/8-3/10 & 3/29-3/31 : FIRST Robotics Competition Event Flier March 8th - 10th @ UCF Arena, Orlando March 29th – 31st @ FAU Arena, Boca Raton Thursday 8 AM – 8 PM, Fri & Sat 8 AM - 5PM. Contact Jean Hill at email@example.com Or visithttp://www.usfirst.org/ Volunteers must register at: https://my.usfirst.org/FIRSTPortal/Login/VIMS_Login.aspx If you sign up, please contact Tamika Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3/30 : Lunchtime Networking Friday, March 30, 2012 11:30am – 1:00pm (EST) Spend your lunch hour by networking with some fellow women in our industry! Central Florida SWE will be hosting 4 lunch networking events:
Disney/South Orlando El Patron – 12167 South Apopka Vineland Road, Orlando, FL 32836 RSVP to Elaine email@example.com
UCF/East Orlando Azteca d’Oro – 11633 University Blvd., Orlando, FL 32817 RSVP to Cheri at firstname.lastname@example.org
North Orlando SoNapa Grille – 640 S. Orlando Ave., Maitland, FL 32751 RSVP to Carolyn at email@example.com
KSC/Brevard County Kennedy Space Center Headquarters Cafeteria RSVP to Tamika at firstname.lastname@example.org All interested people are welcome to attend, so bring a co-worker. Click here for the Event Flier
- 3/1- 3/4 : SWE Region D Conference Charleston, SC
- 2/15 6pm : Professional Development Seminar entitled "Do You Suffer from a Money Disorder." Our very own Annemarie Connor, Region Governor, will be speaking on tips and tricks of money management.
- 2/25 Central Florida Engineer's Week Banquet http://www.cflengineersweek.com/photos/Eweek%20Flyer%202012.jpg CFL SWE has nominated 4 individuals for award and has sponsored a table at the event.
- 1/19 6pm-9pm: January Kick Off @ J. Alexander's check out event flier for more info!